Today is the first post that shows off the fancy new watermarks on my photos! Thanks to my awesome (nerd) husband for creating the program to allow me to do this!! I love you so very much! 🙂
Now to official business… 😉
Yes, these cookies are just that…chocolate and gooey! (Sometimes I just don’t know how I come up with these names.) They are a perfect cross between a cookie, cake, and brownie. Say what? Yup, that’s a fact. I’ll explain. 🙂
Chocolate Gooey Cookies Recipe
(Makes 28 cookies)
Note: Requires 2 hours time to chill the cookie dough.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and butter.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the cake mix.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours (in order to firm up the dough so you can roll it into balls).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll the chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes (my oven took 13 minutes).
- Let them rest for 1 minute and then remove them to a cooking rack. Once they are cooled completely sprinkle with more powdered sugar, if desired.
Store them in an air tight container at room temperature or freeze them in a freezer friendly bag. If you freeze them, sprinkle with the additional powdered sugar when you are ready to serve.
I’m all for a simple cookie and this one is just that. Mix the ingredients. Check. Chill the dough. Yes, you do have to chill the dough so that you can roll the cookies. Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in powdered sugar. Mmmmm, powdered sugar.
Make sure to keep the dough in the fridge in between the batches that are being baked.
These cookies remind me of traditional crinkle cookies, but these are 100 times better. I had a little assistance today from a boxed cake mix to create this mouth watering treat, which is why they came out with a wonderful cake-like texture. I am all about soft and thick cookies and these are that for sure!
Plus, I love how puffy they look. No flat cookies here, thank you! 🙂
They are so ooey gooey like fudgy brownies. Yum yum! Be careful not to over bake these chocolate pieces of heaven. They are intentionally gooey on the inside so they will feel soft to the touch when you pull them out of the oven.
These cookies are a chocolate lovers dream. There is no doubt this cookie is all about the chocolate. It’s just as simple as that. How many cookies can I put on top of the other? Lol. I had so much fun with this photo shoot today. 🙂
If you know me, you know my affection for powdered sugar. Of course I had to add more after they came out of the oven. It’s not required, but why not? It’s not like not adding it will suddenly make them healthy.
I will definitely be making these sinful chocolate gooey cookies again, but next time I will add some fun goodies to the party!
Source: Paula Deen
Here are some other chocolate goodies you may enjoy. Like some Fudgy Brownies.
Or some Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies.
Or some Coconut Fudge Bars.