Yup, here’s another cookie recipe. What will I do with all my time in the kitchen once the baking season is over? Oh right, January 1st is right around the corner… green smoothies. Honestly, I could use the detox right now but I’m having way too much fun with my cookie fest.
These cookies happen to be my favorite cookie that I’ve baked this holiday season. And they’re not chocolate?! Well, they have little bits of chocolate in them, so maybe it counts. 😉
These cookies are like a mix of a shortbread and sugar cookie. Mmm, buttery and sugar goodness. You can even see some of the grease marks left on the paper in some of these photos. Uhm, yeah, these are definitely not healthy cookies. The holidays are a pass to unhealthy eating, right? 😉
These cookies are loaded with bits of chocolate covered toffee. The toffee pieces give the cookie a lovely caramel-y flavor and yes, they will get stuck in your teeth. Deal with it. 😉
Every year I ask my family which one was their favorite from the cookie box that I gave them. I like to try to guess based on their personalities. It’s kinda like a fun game to me. I know, I’m lame. Not everyone has received their cookie boxes yet, but my husband has been tasting them along the way. These toffee crackle ones happen to be his favorite so far. I wonder which one will be the winner in the end!
Toffee Crackle Cookies Recipe
(Makes about 32 cookies)
- 1 cup butter, softened (equivalent to 2 sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (equivalent to 11.5 ounces)
- 1 cup chocolate covered toffee pieces (I used Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits)
- about 1/4 cup white sugar (for coating the cookie dough balls in)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat the softened butter for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the light brown sugar, baking powder, and salt and beat all of the ingredients until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Gradually mix in the flour.
- Gently stir in the chocolate covered toffee pieces.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Dip the top half of the cookie into a bowl of white sugar.
- Place them on the cookie sheet and flatten them slightly with the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for about 21 minutes or until the edges are firm.
Slightly adapted from: Better Homes and Gardens
Here are some other lovely holiday cookies.
I love toffee in my cookies. These look great.
My husband is the same… loves pretty much anything having to do with toffee. 🙂
Toffee is one of those things I do not use enough of in my kitchen! These cookies look fantastic!
haha yeah, I need a detox right now too … but the cookie baking will continue until christmas!
I sort of forget about toffee too! Then I saw this recipe and simply had to try. It’s a favorite in our home now. 🙂
Haha, let’s detox together after Christmas, because after seeing these delicious cookies, I’m craving them so hard. Looks so good!
You got it!!
Keep the cookie recipes coming Tina! Love these especially, the toffee crackle sounds amazing! I’m totally addicted to cookies at the moment too! 😀
Wahoo! Cookie recipes for the win. 🙂
Oh, yes. Love these,Tina! Toffee, butter, sugar and chocolate! Yess, please! More cookies please! It’s ok that its cookie season… keep em’ comin’! January will be here all too soon and cookie season WILL turn into green smoothie season! I’m already getting ready!
I’m getting ready too! I bought 2 batches of kale today. What I’m doing with it… I have no idea. Lol.