I’m kind of sorry for sharing so many salad recipes. I know it’s one note-y but my blog reflects my life and salads are my life at the moment.
This salad makes for a great appetizer or side dish, but it’s a typical lunch for me lately. I might add some leftover chicken or chick peas to give a protein kick. I’m enjoying all of the fresh veggies that summer has to offer. Doesn’t this look like summer on a plate?!
Before you know it, we’ll be talking about holiday cookies 24/7 around here. Until then, what’s your favorite salad that I’ve shared lately? Or do you hate them all (be kind)?
Corn and Arugula Salad with Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
(Makes about 4 servings)
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 2 ears of corn
- 6 cups of arugula
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- shaved parmesan cheese, to taste
- basil balsamic vinaigrette (see below)
- (optional) salt and pepper, to taste
Ingredients for the Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- zest and juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions for the Salad:
- Cook the corn on the cob. You can grill it, boil it, or I cooked it in the microwave for 5 minutes, with the husk on. When the corn is cool enough to touch, remove the husk and cut the corn off of the cobs. Set this aside.
- In a big bowl, add the corn, arugula, sliced tomatoes, and finely chopped red onion.
- Shave some parmesan cheese on top and then pour in the basil balsamic vinaigrette dressing (or let each person pour it on their own plate).
- (Optional) Add salt and pepper, to your liking.
Directions for the Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped basil, zest and lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper, and whisk until it’s mixed well.
Slightly adapted from: Studio McGee