Doesn’t this sound like the most perfect salad for Fall?!
I have a confession to make. I sort of a have a blog crush on Love and Lemons. I’m obsessed with their photography and they have amazing recipes, like this one. Chipotle… apple… sweet potato… salad… I love every word of that. I could go all Guy Fieri on you and get into the nity gritty of why everything just works here, but who has that kind of time? 😉 Trust me when I say that this plate is an explosion of awesomeness.
Can you believe it’s October already? September in CT can be part Summer and part Fall, but once October hits, it’s usually full on Fall on mode. The leaves seem to change color overnight and the temperatures get cooler quickly. Now we need our sweaters all day long, not just in the mornings and nights like in September. I don’t know about you, but I’m totally ready for big comfy sweater season… no fancy diets required. 😉 I pretty much spent the whole summer getting bathing suit body ready and never quite got there. Maybe next summer.
Not only do I love Fall, but October is my favorite month. What makes a month a favorite?Maybe it’s because I love everything having to do with Fall. Perhaps October is my favorite because that’s when I got married. 🙂 This year we’ll be celebrating seven happy years of marriage. I love living life with this wonderful man of mine, everything from a football game on the couch in PJs to our next vacation adventure.
Chipotle Apple Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
(2 servings if served as a meal; 4 servings if served as a side dish)
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 large apple, cored and chopped (I used a Gala apple.)
- 1 corn on the cob, with the husk removed
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 2 handfuls of lettuce (I used Romaine lettuce.)
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half (or more if you want)
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons chipotle paste (I used 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of the sauce from Goya’s canned Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce instead of the paste because my store didn’t have it.)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set it aside.
- Toss the chopped sweet potatoes, apple, and oil onto the baking sheet with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake it for 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges of the sweet potato are golden brown, tossing halfway through.
- Wrap the ear of corn in tin foil and place it in oven during the last 15 minutes of baking time.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, chipotle paste (or chipotle adobo), apple cider vinegar, honey, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl along with the roasted sweet potatoes and apples.
- Slice the kernels off the corn and add them to the bowl.
- Toss the salad with the sliced tomatoes, pepitas, feta cheese, and dressing.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed.
Slightly adapted: Love and Lemons
Here are some other fabulous recipes from Love and Lemons.