Are you constantly searching for tips on how to make your nail polish last longer? Well, I am. And I’ve finally found the simple and inexpensive answer!
I think it comes down to two things:
1. The nail polish color needs something rough to stick to, like a primer that you would apply to walls before you paint them.
The Nail Tek Foundation II (aka foundation) is an opaque polish that has a bit of a rough texture once it’s dried. Nail Tek Foundation II dries within one minute. Yay for a quick step!
2. The nail polish color needs a good quality clear coat finish.
The Nail Tek Intensive Therapy II (aka clear coat) goes on smooth and dries very shiny. Plus this Nail Tek product has the added bonus of being a nail strengthener. I don’t have weak nails so I can’t say if this part of the product really works.
Generally speaking, my manicure lasts at least seven days. I’m picky with how it looks so I remove the nail polish as soon it chips or I see nail growth. You may find that you keep your manicure longer than my suggested minimum time. Seven days may not sound like a long time if you are not a “at home manicure enthusiast ” But unless you use a gel polish I’ve never found any other products or techniques to make my manicure last as long AND as a bonus it looks professionally done and costs way less!
Follow these three easy steps:
- Apply one layer of foundation. Give a couple of minutes to dry.
- Apply two coats of any color of nail color polish you want. I apply the second coat right after the first. Wait until it’s dry.
- Apply one layer of clear coat finish.
You can purchase Nail Tek Foundation II and Nail Tek Intensive Therapy II products inexpensively from amazon.com.
I feel it’s my duty to pass along this beauty gold find! I hope you have good luck with these tips! They really worked for me.
Note: Not a paid advertisement for Nail Tek. I’m just sharing my opinion.