I love chocolate. When I’m out to eat with my husband I always pick the chocolate item for dessert. There is something to be said about being predictable, right? 😉
So naturally I’m going to be in love with brownies, especially FUDGY brownies! These chocolate decadent treats are heavenly for so many reasons. How much time do you have?
These brownies have a very thin crunchy top layer, perhaps to hold in all that chewy and fudgy goodness. Some brownies have a tendency to be dry, but not these. These are probably the richest and most moist brownies I’ve ever had and my friends and family agree.
Fudgy Brownies Recipe
(About 24 servings)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour *
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* (Update: Equivalent to 6.3 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Set the wet ingredients aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly in the greased baking pan and bake it in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool before cutting.
Source: All Recipes
These fudge brownies are seriously quick and easy to make. Mix the wet ingredients.
Mix the dry ingredients. Then mix them together with the chocolate chips and bake!
There are a bazillion (yes, I counted 😉 ) variations of brownie recipes out there. Sure I could have added some kind of tasty frosting to the top. Perhaps I could have added some nuts or various other treats inside of the brownie. However, today, I am keeping it super simple, just a brownie please, and there is nothing wrong with that. 😉
Look at all that chocolate madness! Cocoa…bam! Chocolate chips…bam again! Maybe I should have named these brownies “double chocolate brownies.” I think the chocolate chips really make this recipe. Most of them melt away when they bake, which helps add to the fudge factor here.
I’m slightly obsessed with powdered sugar and it is my perfect addition to these brownies. However, I will absolutely admit that it is not necessary. I added it because it made me happy. Also, it does make for a pretty presentation. 🙂
Have I mentioned how fudgy these brownies are? 😉
Some people have a preference for what part of the brownie they like best, whether it is a piece with no edges, some edges, or if you have a special pan, all edges.
When I was younger, my three younger sisters and I always preferred the center of the brownie and so the edges were always left behind in the baking pan. My mom, being the smart woman she is, started to bake brownies with nuts on the top, but only along the edges of the brownie. Those nuts were our incentive to not leave the edge pieces behind.
Are you someone who prefers a corner, side, or middle cut of brownie? I still love the middle and my husband loves the tough chewy edges the best. Thus, none of the brownie lasts long in our house and there is no fighting over who gets what pieces.