Picture it. It’s dinner time and I’m craving carbs, only carbs. It’s too hot to cook and I’m super lazy and I don’t feel like making dinner. What’s my solution? If you thought cereal… well, I’m not surprised because that is a common cop-out dinner for me. Let’s marvel at the better solution, which is this super easy and light pasta dish.
This spaghetti is tossed in a lovely lemon no-cook sauce.
Lemon Spaghetti Recipe
(About 4 servings)
- 1 pound spaghetti (most boxes are less than a pound these days and one box is okay)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- Cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the box. Once the spaghetti is done, reserve 1 cup of the spaghetti liquid and then drain the rest.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, grated Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add in the spaghetti, chopped basil, and lemon zest and mix everything together.
- Add the used spaghetti liquid, a 1/4 cup at a time, until the pasta is well moistened. (Note that you may not need the full 1 cup.)
Source: Giada DeLaurentiis
I didn’t take any prep photos for you because there is nothing even remotely complicated about this pasta dish. Seriously guys, there was hardly any effort putting this meal together. The careless placement of the spaghetti in the bowl is a true representation of this no-fuss dinner.
The spaghetti is the only thing you need to cook here. If you’re a fan of Giada, then I bet you can just hear her saying “spaghetti” with her Italian accent.
This sauce is not really a “sauce.” It’s more like a dressing because you don’t have to cook it. How awesome is that? When it’s hot outside, this pasta will be your best friend. Six to ten minutes in front of a hot stove and you can run away to the cooler parts of your kitchen.
Sometimes a girl just wants her pasta and this dish will do the trick.
It’s all about the ziinnnngg! It’s got lemon flavors galore. This pasta dish is super refreshing, light, and screams summertime.
Even the leftovers were awesome for lunches during the week. (And were even faster than the original thanks to the microwave!)
Here are some other lovely lemon recipes.