Do you look forward to your morning coffee? You will now. 🙂
When my lil’ sis and I plan our shopping days together, we MUST hit a coffee shop and l look forward to it, even days beforehand. I’m very serious about my coffee. 😉
I even post pics of my various coffee adventures on Instagram and Twitter. Although I have to admit that I only started sharing these kinds of pics because it seems like everyone else does it. Yes, I feel like I’m back in 5th grade and peer pressure has gotten the best of me because I want to be cool too. 😉
By the way, I have not jumped on Snapchat bandwagon. Is that something I should be considering? No, seriously, I need to know. I joined Instagram and Twitter only last year when they’ve been around for a while. I know… so uncool. I don’t want to miss out if Snapchat is the next best thing. Gosh, I hope you don’t tell me it’s awesome because I’m not sure if I can take part in yet another social media network.
Aaanywaay, I admit that it’s more exciting to treat myself to a coffee from a coffee house than it is to make one at home. However, I make most of my morning coffees at home because it’s so much cheaper and it’s so much more convenient.
I’ve made iced coffee at home a bazillion times. I added some chocolate syrup to it and it instantly turned it into a mocha wonderland. Chocolate and coffee? Yes, of course it’s delicious.
By the way, I’m a little obsessed with chocolate syrup. I’ve been known to take a spoon to the bottle and eat it like cough syrup. When I add chocolate syrup to my ice cream… well, let’s just say it’s an ocean of chocolate syrup with an ice cream island floating in the middle. Okay, maybe I’m more than just a little obsessed with the stuff. 😉
I’m sorry for all the winky faces in this post. Caffeine and chocolaty goodness have gotten the best of me.
I’m off with my sunglasses in one hand and my iced mocha in the other. Not a bad way to start the weekend, right?! (And while I’m talking about coffee in my hand, how much fun is a coffee in a rustic mason jar mug with a handle?)
Iced Mocha Recipe
- 1 heaping tablespoon instant coffee (I use Nescafe Clasico.)
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 2% milk.)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (depending on how sweet and chocolaty you like it.)
- pint glass filled with ice cubes
- cold water
- Put the milk, instant coffee, and chocolate syrup into a blender and mix until you don’t see the coffee grounds, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fill a 16 ounce glass with ice.
- Pour the iced coffee into the glass. It should fill about 2/3 of the glass.
- Fill the mug the rest of the way to the top with cold water and serve immediately.
Adapted from: Kevin & Amanda
Here are some other kick butt coffee beverages.