I swear it was Friday like five minutes ago.
Here we are and it’s Monday already. Does anyone have a job where Mondays are a good day of the week? I want to know… because I might need to re-think my day job options. 😉
Calling all my friends and family who request easy and quick meals that are kid friendly! You’ve hit the jackpot today because this meal fits the bill. You throw all the ingredients into one pot. I don’t think it can get easier than that. It will take less than 30 minutes to whip up and that’s pretty quick if you ask me.
Cheese, beef, corn, rice… what kid wouldn’t like all that in one dish? In fact, it’s kinda messy looking and kids go for that sort of thing, right? FYI “messy” foods are almost impossible to make look appetizing in photos. After taking too many pictures to count, I finally gave up and called it a day. I then turned on the Hallmark channel to watch a Christmas movie, my husband made us each a cup of espresso, and he lit a fire in our fireplace. Everything was right in the world again.
Except I’m me so of course it still bothered me that the photos don’t do this meal justice. It’s a freaking delicious Mexican dish, but I can’t make it look like anything but dog food. You’ll just have to trust me on this and make it.
One Pot Burrito Bowls Recipe
(About 6 servings)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chiles
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Optional Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro, green onions, sour cream, tomatoes, and/or guacamole.
- In a large pan, heat the oil on Medium heat.
- Add the diced red bell pepper and onion and cook them until lightly browned.
- Add in the ground beef and cook it until it’s browned.
- Stir in the salsa, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, green chiles, rice, taco seasoning, chili powder, and chicken broth.
- Bring it to a light boil. Then reduce the heat to Low, cover the pan and cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Top with optional toppings as you like. (Which my husband says aren’t optional at all.)
Source: i heart naptime
Here are some other one pot wonders.
One Pot Black Beans and Sausage
One Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice
These burrito bowls look delicious! Can’t believe this is a one pot recipe!
Seriously… 1 pot! 🙂
I think the photos look great! And the dish looks scrumptious. I love an easy to prep meal that the whole family would enjoy. This is a good one!
Appreciate it, Monica! 🙂
Your photos look fantastic! And a one pot meal on a Monday is always a good idea. I’m pretty sure no matter what you do, Mondays are terrible. Unless your days off are Tuesday and Wednesday? Then maybe they aren’t so bad.
Thanks so much, Meghan! In that case, Monday is like a Friday so I’m with ya!
haha no, I think no matter what job you have, Mondays are rough!!! This meal looks fantastic!!
I’m starting to think that too!