Guys, this pie is everything!
This is probably the wrong time of the year to share a no-bake pie with you. You know, because everyone wants those kinds of recipes in the summer time to avoid turning on the oven. But think of it this way… if you make this pie now then you can use the oven time for all the other foods on your list, like cookies. I’m always thinking. 😉
So first and foremost, this pie is ridiculously delicious. I’m kind of obsessed with it because it’s so tasty. It’s hard to go wrong with chocolate and Oreo cookies. Second, it’s mad easy to make. It may look difficult to make because of all the layers, but trust me it’s not.
I served this pie to our friends last weekend and they loved it. They were surprised to see all of the fun chocolate layers when I cut into the pie. After one bite they were all asking for the recipe. Literally, after one bite. They couldn’t believe it when I told them that the layers were simply made of pudding and whipped cream.
When you cut into it, the knife slightly blurs the lines between the layers. No one (and I mean no one) cared, except me. I wanted to show you each layer so I tried to clean up this slice that you see (the slice that I ate for breakfast), but I fear that I might have made it worse. Grr argh.
I was tempted to make another pie and hope that I could get a better looking piece for you. What’s the worse case scenario? That I’ve made this pie twice in one week? Yeah, that would have been a shame. 😉 I was too excited to share the recipe with you so I just had to get over that fact that a multiple layered pudding pie is going to be kinda messy. (As my husband is editing this post he’s definitely thinking that I’m not over it.) In the defense of the theory to make it again, It should definitely be pointed out that this chocolate wonderland only takes like 10 minutes to make.
Triple Layer Chocolate Pie Recipe
(about 10 servings)
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies (I used Oreo cookies.)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) chocolate instant pudding (I used JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding.)
- 2 cups milk, cold (I used whole milk.)
- 1 tub (8 ounces) whipped topping (I used Cool Whip Original), thawed, divided
- sprinkling of miniature chocolate chips
- In a food processor crush the cookies until they are fine crumbs.
- Add in the melted butter and mix until well combined.
- In a 9 inch pie plate, press the cookie crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of the plate. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, add the pudding mixes and milk and mix together until it’s well combined. (About 2 minutes.)
- Pour 1 and 1/2 cups of the pudding mixture into the pie crust and gently spread it evenly.
- Stir 4 ounces of the whipped topping into the bowl of the remaining pudding mixture and mix it together until you don’t have stripes of white or brown.
- Pour the remaining (lighter colored) pudding mixture over the pudding layer in the crust and gently spread it evenly.
- Spread the remaining 4 ounces of whipped topping as the top layer of the pie.
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or until firm. I chilled it overnight.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top just before serving.
Adapted from: Kraft
Yum, yum, yummy!