I could probably eat avocado toast every day and not get sick of it. That’s saying a lot because I get bored of eating the same thing over and over.
I think the trick is that I make different kinds of avocado toasts. I even shared some of those recipes with you. They’re pretty much all the same, avocado, toast, and the other stuff. It’s really not rocket science. Sometimes eggs, other times not. It just depends on what you have and what you want to eat. I’m excited about today’s version of avocado toast because it includes a little veggie action, which I’ve never done before. It’s the little things. 😉
So what do we have here? We’ve got toast, avocado, tomatoes, kale and scrambled eggs. It’s simple and healthy which is what I’m into lately. I know that not everyone is into kale so feel free to swap it out for something that you like. Spinach is a great substitute for kale.
I love it when healthy food looks this appetizing. It inspires me to eat more healthy foods.
Avocado Toast with Eggs, Kale and Tomatoes Recipe
- a handful of kale, chopped (remove the stems)
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice of bread
- 1/2 an avocado, remove pit and skin
- 1 or 2 slices of tomato, depending on the size of the bread
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes
- In a skillet, over medium heat, grease the pan. I use cooking spray.
- Place the kale in the hot skillet, season it with salt and pepper, and cook it until it’s wilted.
- Remove the cooked kale to a dish.
- Place the same skillet back on the stove, lower the heat to low, and spray the pan again with the cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs.
- Pour the eggs into the hot skillet, stir constantly and cook it until it’s done to your liking.
- Toast the slice of bread. You can use any kind you like.
- Place the toasted bread on a plate.
- Smash and spread the avocado on top of the bread.
- Place the tomato slices on top of the avocado.
- Place the cooked kale on top of the tomatoes.
- Place the scrambled eggs on top of the kale.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To add a bit of heat, sprinkle a little bit of red pepper flakes on top. If you’re not in to spicy, just leave these out.
Source: Tina’s Chic Corner