I’m excited to share today’s recipe with you because it’s not often that I find a chicken recipe that is worthy of blogging about. I’m super picky about the texture and taste of chicken. If I get a gristly bit or it tastes too chicken-y then I don’t want it. I basically turn into a 5 year old and say that I never want chicken again. In reality it’s just a few days or weeks before I give chicken another chance, but I’m always worried about what will skeeze me out next with chicken.
Anyway, now that I’m seriously embarrassed, let’s actually talk about today’s recipe. I used chicken breast tenders. I think using this size (versus whole breast) reduces having texture issues. Notice that I said reduces and not prevents. Another thing that helps is spending a bit of time cutting stringy bits off of the breasts before you cook them.
A lot of people make grilled chicken to keep a meal light and healthy, but I find that boring. It’s also usually too chicken-y because all you taste is… wait for it… chicken. Shocker. Please tell me that I’m not the only one with this weird thing. I love the spices going on with this chicken recipe. Although when I Initially saw the recipe I thought it was an odd combination of ingredients. Paprika, balsamic vinegar, oregano, and lemon juice all together? But magically, they all work well together and it tastes really good. I love how the paprika gives the chicken a lovely color too.
I used a cooking thermometer to make sure that the chicken was cooked to a safe temperature. I get paranoid about whether I’ve cooked chicken long enough and the thermometer takes all the guess work out (and helps me stay sane). I highly recommend getting one if you are nervous about cooking chicken.
Roasted Chicken, Potatoes, and Salad Recipe
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 recipe of crispy baked potato wedges
- 1 recipe of Mediterranean salad
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a big bowl, add the chicken, oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper and mix everything together to coat the chicken well.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and bake them in the preheated oven for about 13 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Bake the crispy baked potato wedges (see the other recipe for more detailed instructions).
- Make the Mediterranean salad while the food is baking in the oven (see the other recipe for more detailed instructions).
Chicken recipe adapted from: Half Baked Harvest