Are you looking for an easy week night dinner? If you are, and it’s not cereal, then I might have an idea for you. 🙂
It seems like I’m always looking for new dinner recipes. Maybe it’s because I get bored easily, unless it’s pizza, because pizza is always a good idea.
I was excited when I found this recipe because it looked easy and delicious. Plus, I was excited when I realized that I had all of the ingredients with exception of the chicken. I’m not exactly a fan of chicken, but there are exceptions, like this chicken lo mein. Guys, this meal is fantastically delicious. Not only does this taste good hot, but it’s also tasty at room temperature and even cold. Unfortunately, eating cold food is the life of a food blogger. (And the life of anyone related to a food blogger.) Make meal, take lots of photos, food gets cold, eat cold food. In fact, it probably took me an hour to get the shot I wanted below. The stupid spaghetti would not cooperate. Yes, I called pasta stupid and a few other words that aren’t exactly friendly. I had my angry eyes on for this photo shoot.
I originally intended to make this meal for dinner but I then changed my mind and decided to prep it to bring to work for lunch during the week. That was a happy accident because I didn’t have to figure out what to bring for lunches or what to do with left overs. Win win. This lo mein tastes just as good on day 4 as it did on day 1. I think that says a lot about this lo mein because I don’t think many meals taste good after being in the fridge for 4 days.
I’d love to know what easy recipes you’re into. I love to get inspiration from my readers.
Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
(about 4 servings)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 greed bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pound of chicken breast, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- sprinkling of peanuts, chopped
- sprinkling of a few green onions, sliced
- In a big bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and ground ginger. Set it aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the box. Once it’s done cooking, rinse it, and add it to the soy sauce mixture. Mix it together and set it aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add the sliced red and green peppers and cook for a few minutes.
- Move the peppers to the sides of the skillet and add the sliced chicken and minced garlic. Cook until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Mix everything together in the skillet.
- If your skillet is big enough, add the spaghetti to the skillet and mix everything together. If your skillet is not big enough then add the chicken mixture to the bowl of spaghetti and mix everything together.
- Sprinkle some chopped peanuts and sliced green onions on top.
Adapted from: Food Fashion Party