With one bite of these cookie whoopie pies you’ll feel like Fall has arrived.
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are full of pumpkin goodness and warm spices, which make for the quintessential Fall cookie. To head off the thought you might be thinking, no, the chocolate chips are not weird. Pumpkin spice and chocolate are a delicious combo. Plus, these are SO soft and chewy. I made these a few years back and they are still one of my favorite cookies of all time. That’s saying a lot because I make a lot of cookies. A lot.
I wanted to make these cookies again but kick them up a notch. I think that turning them into whoopie pies definitely did the trick. I used the same filling from my chocolate chip cookie whoopie pies because it’s so tasty and easy to make.
Note to self, when it’s warm out, don’t place these cookie sandwiches into a big pile because it gets really messy very quickly. In other words, the filling may squeeze out. Don’t worry, no cookies were harmed and they were all fully consumed.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Whoopie Pies Recipe
(About 9 whoopie cookie pies)
Note: The cookie dough requires a minimum of 30 minutes chilling time.
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- one recipe of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
Ingredients for the Filling:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (equivalent to 1/2 stick)
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow cream (I used Marshmallow Fluff.)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions for the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Make the chocolate chip cookies by following the recipe. (Sorry, but there just wasn’t any reason to copy it here.)
- Let the cookies cool completely.
Directions for the filling:
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, marshmallow cream and vanilla extract until it’s smooth.
Assemble the pies:
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of filling on the flat side of one cookie. (I used my Oxo Small Cookie Scoop for this.)
- Place a second cookie on top of the filling and gently press down until the filling comes to the edges of the cookies.
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies source: Sally’s Baking Addiction
Filling source: Epicurious
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookie whoopie pies source: Tina’s Chic Corner
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.