I’m so excited that football season starts today so I’m celebrating with this awesome appetizer.
I was excited when I found this dip recipe because I had never tried this combination of ingredients together. We all know about avocado and tomatoes together in some kind of a guacamole concoction, but this also has feta cheese and basil and it’s all tossed in a vinaigrette dressing. Honestly, they had me at feta. The pictures don’t do it any justice, it’s a delicious green mush. 😉
It’s a dip by virtue of it’s original titled recipe. However, this would also be great with eggs for breakfast, on top of a slice of bread, or on a crackers and cheese platter.
For full disclosure, I did not make the full size recipe that you see below because I’ll be the only one eating this tonight while we watch the game. I made half of the recipe. You’ll probably want to make the full recipe if you’re making it for more than one person. Now I just need my beer and I’m ready to start the football season!
Avocado and Feta Dip Recipe
(Makes 10 to 12 appetizer size servings)
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 avocados, skin and pit removed, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1 block (8 ounces) feta cheese, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, add the chopped tomatoes, avocados, basil, and feta cheese.
- In a measuring glass, whisk together the olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Pour the dressing over the avocado mixture and gently stir everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Source: My Recipes