I’m making individual sized desserts because that’s how I roll lately.
I found this recipe early in the morning last weekend and they were just the thing I needed to perk up a rainy cool Autumn day. I was excited to see that I already had all of the ingredients so I busted them out and had the oven going before my husband was awake. These are definitely not a bad thing to wake up to and the kitchen smelled wonderful.
I absolutely adore the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg and they are the perfect autumnal spices.
Fill the ramekins to the very top because the apples will cook down in the baking process, leaving a convenient spot for ice cream. 🙂
These apple crisps are like the filling of an apple pie meets the crumb topping of a crumb cake. The apples are soft and seasoned with lovely warm spices which compliments the crunchy sugar buttery topping. (Hello, it sounds like I’m a judge on a food tv show.)
Anyway, I like the option of making apple crisp into individual sizes so that the two of us don’t have to plow through a big tray of it. Our waistlines thank us. Although, there is one problem here (if you can call it that)… my husband said that he wanted more. Womp, womp. Also, my husband would tell you that even though it’s not pictured here, you must eat these warm and top them with vanilla ice cream. It’s the law, he just follows the rules, he didn’t make them. 😉
Individual Apple Crisps Recipe
(Makes 2 servings)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons white sugar, divided per the directions
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Set aside two 6 ounce ramekins.
- To make the apple filling, in a small bowl, mix together the chopped apples, 1 tablespoon white sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and then set it aside.
- To make the crumble topping, in another small bowl, mix together the remaining 2 tablespoons of white sugar, flour, and melted butter together.
- Add the chopped apple mix evenly into the 2 ramekins.
- Crumble the topping evenly on top of the of apples in each of the 2 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins onto a cookie sheet, place them in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until the topping is slightly browned.
Adapted from: Pretty. Simple. Sweet.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.