Everyone needs an easy side dish recipe.
The other day I noticed a small wasp nest starting to form over the garage door. I told my husband about it and he said that he’d take care of it once it got dark out. Okay. I thought about it, then I thought about it some more, and wait for it, I thought about it again. In other words, I worried about it throughout whole the day. Why? I have no idea. Once evening came, my husband took care of it, spending probably about 30 seconds on it. I, on the other hand, spent way more time than that “thinking” about this matter. Yes, folks, I’m a worrier.
I won’t worry about finding a quick and simple side dish this summer because I’ve found it. This corn salad is the quintessential summer side dish. It’s so delicious that I could take a fork to it and eat it as the main course. In fact my husband was going to do just that but then I told him to stop eating it because I wasn’t done taking photos of it. #husbandofafoodblogger
Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
(Makes about 4 servings)
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup small diced red onion
- fresh basil leaves
- Cook the corn on the cob. I cooked them in the microwave for 5 minutes, with the husks on.
- When the corn on the cobs are cool enough to touch, remove the husks and cut the corn off of the cobs.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Set this aside. (A small bowl works fine too, it’s just a little harder to pour without getting it everywhere.)
- In a bowl, place the corn, diced red onions, vinegar and oil dressing, and fresh basil leaves. Mix everything together. Taste it and add more salt and pepper, to taste.
Adapted from: Ina Garten