Soooo if you thought you’ve seen this post recently then you’d be right.
We had a major issue with our server and all I can say is “thank goodness for backups and my husband.” It took a lot of work but my husband got my blog back up and running with some minor hiccups, which included losing my two most recent blog posts. Hey, in the grand scheme of things, I’ll take it.
I don’t remember what I wrote when I posted this recipe a couple of weeks ago and to be honest I don’t want to try to recreate it because it doesn’t seem natural. However, this recipe is absolutely worth sharing again to have its place here on Tina’s Chic Corner.
Without any fancy descriptions or whatever about this chicken chipotle meal, I’ll leave you with this… if you like spicy and smoky food then this chipotle chicken dish will rock your world.
Chicken Chipotle Bowls Recipe
(Makes 4 servings)
Note: The chicken requires 2 hours of chilling time.
Ingredients for the Chicken Chipotle:
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into large pieces
- 2 to 3 chipotle peppers with adobo sauce
- lime juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided per the directions)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Ingredients for the Bowls:
- 2 ears of corn (You can also use canned or frozen corn instead.)
- shredded lettuce (I used romaine.)
- 2 cups of cooked rice (I used white.)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, skin and pit removed, sliced
- a few grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- sprinkling of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- dollop of sour cream
- (optional) freshly squeezed lime
- (optional) fresh cilantro
Directions for the Chicken Chipotle:
- In a large zip top bag, combine the chicken, chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Give the bag a shake, massaging the mixture to coat all of the chicken. Then place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (overnight is okay but I wouldn’t go past that).
- Once the chicken is done chilling out, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet on Medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until they are done cooking (when they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Throw away the bag of leftover marinade!
- Remove the chicken from the stove and set it aside to rest for a few minutes.
Directions for the Bowls:
- Cook the corn on the cob. You can grill it, boil it, or I cooked it in the microwave for 5 minutes, with the husk on. When the corn is cool enough to touch, remove the husk and cut the corn off of the cobs. Set this aside.
- To plate each serving, add some lettuce, cooked rice, black beans, sliced avocado, sliced grape tomatoes, pieces of cooked chicken sprinkling of shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and a dollop of sour cream.
- (Optional) Add some freshly squeezed lime juice and fresh cilantro.
Adapted from: Clean Food Crush