How cute is this little cheddar cheese bread?
This is a quick bread so when I say “bread” I mean a savory cake. This is really the only kind of bread I make because yeast scares me (and I’ve got a wonderful and talented husband who makes all sorts of it, so I don’t really need to).
If you like cheese and bread then this is your dream. It’s loaded with cheddar and Parmesan cheese. It’s the kind of bread that will go well with almost anything, like salads, soups, chili… you get the idea.
Look at those wonderful pockets of cheese and crusty cheese topping. Yum.
Little Cheddar Cheese Bread Recipe
(Makes a 5.5 x 3 inch loaf)
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese (equivalent to 1 ounce)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (equivalent to 4.4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes (equivalent to 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 5.5 x 3 inch loaf pan and then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the shredded Parmesan cheese evenly in the bottom of the pan. Set it aside. (I lined the pan with parchment paper first in order to get the bread out more easily but that is not necessary.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and pepper together.
- Stir in the cubes of cheddar cheese, making sure that everything is well mixed together and the cubes are individually coated with the mixture. These are the dry ingredients. Set this aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, sour cream, egg, and melted cooled butter until the mixture is smooth. These are the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and gently mix everything together just until combined. Don’t over mix it. The batter will be thick.
- Add the batter into the prepared loaf pan and evenly spread it out.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through the baking. (Mine baked for 37 minutes.)
- Let the pan cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes. Remove the cheese bread from the pan and let it cool.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.