For a girl who doesn’t fancy making homemade dressing, I sure am making a lot of homemade dressing lately.
There is really nothing fancy about this salad, but the blue cheese dressing makes it. If you’re not a fan of blue cheese then you can substitute it for gorgonzola cheese. Someone might have bought that one by accident. 😉
I think a wedge of lettuce on a plate looks so fancy, just like something you’d get at a nice restaurant. The only downside (literally) to it is that all the toppings fall off the sides. Eh, I’m over it because I’m enjoying it too much to care.
I’ve been sharing a lot of salads lately because that’s what I’ve been into. But now that it’s September (aka unofficial start of Fall), maybe I’ll shake it up a bit with some cozy comfort food. Do you have any requests?
Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
(Makes 2 servings)
Ingredients for the Wedge Salad:
- lettuce (I used iceberg lettuce but you can certainly use any other of your favorite kind.)
- handful of grape tomatoes, sliced
- sprinkling of red onion, finely chopped
- 2 pieces of cooked chicken, chopped (I used my Skillet Chicken recipe.)
- blue cheese dressing (see below)
- drizzle of balsamic glaze
- (optional) sprinkling of fresh herbs and crumbled blue cheese
Ingredients for the Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions for the Wedge Salad:
- To plate each serving, add a wedge of lettuce, sliced tomatoes, chopped red onion, and chopped chicken.
- Top each serving with blue cheese dressing and balsamic glaze.
- (Optional) Sprinkle some fresh herbs and crumbled blue cheese on top.
Directions for the Blue Cheese Dressing:
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, add the crumbled blue cheese, Greek plain yogurt, mayonnaise, milk, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, chopped fresh parsley, chives, dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and whisk until it’s mixed well.
Adapted from: Lillie Eats and Tells