All you need is 5 ingredients and 25 minutes for these cookies. Ready, set, and go.
These aren’t your usual cookies, well, not my usual cookies. There is no added sugar (not counting the chocolate chips), no flour, no eggs, and no added fat like butter or oil. So what’s in them? Bananas, oats, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips. I was interested in trying this recipe because they sounded “healthy.” I don’t use that term loosely anymore because my husband clued me into how a lot of people misuse the term by making things that are exactly as bad for you but swap out the sugar or fat with something that is the same thing only trendier. In this case they are still essentially cookies (yay chocolate chips!) but I can still enjoy them and stay on track with my diet.
The key question is, do they taste good? They are tasty, but I have to admit that I’m not used to the texture of these cookies. They’re not your average chocolate chip or oatmeal cookie. Remember, there are only a handful of ingredients here so that makes sense. These cookies are soft, like oatmeal has been baked. I initially wasn’t sure if I would make them again. As it turns out, this is my third batch in three weeks. So needless to say these have won me over and I love them which means that they must be shared with you.
Banana Chocolate Chip Oaties Recipe
(Makes about 14 cookies)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, oats, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie mixture into about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons. I use a medium Oxo cookie scoop to help portion each cookie consistently.
- Place them all on the baking sheet. They will not spread. You can leave them in ball shape or slightly flatten them. I have done both, depending on my mood and they turn out the same except for the shape.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Source: Sammi Brondo Nutrition
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.