I kind of feel like I’m going back to school.
I saw the school buses this morning as kids return to school. I instantly felt like I was in school and got that sick feeling in my stomach even though I’ve been out of school for years. Does that happen to you?
Even though I’m not actually going back to school, I’m getting back to blogging. As you may or may not have noticed, I unintentionally took the summer off from blogging. I thought these chocolate chip oatmeal treats would be a great way to get back into the swing of things here at Tina’s Chic Corner.
Make these with the kiddos when they get home from school as a treat. Or for breakfast. Or just make them because they’re delicious. They look like little cakes but they have an oatmeal-ish texture. Think of a typical bowl of oatmeal but baked in the oven. Plus add some chocolate. Mmm gooey melty chocolate. I’m already dreaming of eating this warm from the oven even though it’s only September and it’s over 90F outside. I imagine sitting on the couch under a blanket watching Hallmark Channel fall movies. Who am I kidding, I’m already watching their Christmas movies too!
Baked Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Recipe
(Makes two 6 ounce servings)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the oats, banana, eggs, milk, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt to a blender and blend until combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into two 6 ounce ramekins.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips on top of each of the ramekins filled with the batter.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Adapted from: callascleaneats
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.