It’s Friday AND a long weekend for the Memorial Day holiday so we should celebrate with, what else, food. How about some brownies? They are a crowd pleaser and easy to make. Oh yes, they will do just fine. I’ve got a couple of kick butt recipes already, but these are different from what I’ve done. These brownies are gluten-free!
These brownies are loaded with chocolate fudgy goodness and have a hint of peanut butter flavor.
Flourless Chocolate And Peanut Butter Fudgy Brownies Recipe
(About 16 servings)
- 1/2 cup butter (equivalent to 1 stick)
- 2 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided per the directions
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or tin foil, grease it with cooking spray, and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, microwave the butter to melt it.
- Add 2 cups of the chocolate chips and all of the peanut butter into the bowl with the melted butter and microwave it until all of the ingredients are melted. (Heat it initially for 1 minute, stir, and then heat in 15 second increments until completely melted.)
- Whisk in the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until it’s smooth.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder until it’s smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake it for about 40 minutes or until an inserted tester comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, melt the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the brownies.
Adapted from: Averie Cooks
These brownies are SUPER fudgy. Since there is no flour in this recipe, the batter will look and feel like very thick pudding. You know how I’m always saying to not over mix a muffin or cake batter? No need for that lecture here because there is no gluten so they literally can’t get tough from beating it too much!
Gluten-free baking does not come easy to me and I think sometimes it can be tricky to get awesome taste and texture. These gluten-free brownies taste fan-tabulous! I brought them to a party and they were a huge hit. No one could tell that the flour was missing. Score.
You don’t need a lot of ingredients to make homemade brownies and you almost always have them on hand. These are no exception. You only need 7 ingredients and every single one of them are the standard issue everyday ingredient! I’m loving that I don’t need to run out to buy anything special.
Didn’t I say these were fudgy? 🙂 Just look at how dense these gorgeous treats are.
Let’s do a quick summary. These brownies are one of the most awesome gluten-free desserts I’ve ever had. They totally satisfy a chocolate craving. But wait, there’s more. You know what else is the bomb digity about these brownies? They have peanut butter in them! Hello, chocolate and peanut butter must be one of the best duos of all time!
What are you doing this weekend? I’m sure my husband and I will be chill-axing with the family. Relaxing with a brownie in hand, now that’s my kind of chill time.
Have fun and be safe!
Here are some other delicious brownies.