Everyone can make brownies. It doesn’t matter if you’re an expert baker or if you’re on a budget, you can find a brownie recipe that works for you. (Or buy a box mix for cheap if you aren’t feeling making it from scratch, but that’s not what this post is about.) Brownies unite us! What, too dramatic?
I’m partial to my Fudgy Brownies that I’ve been making for years. They are quick and easy to whip up. If you’re a beginner baker then it is a great recipe for you. Plus, there’s a reason why I’ve made them a trillion times and I continue to make them. They always come out so darn delicious!
Now if you’re looking for a basic brownie recipe, you can simply stop here and head over to that post and make them. No one will fault you. 😉 You are still baking a winning recipe. If you want to get crazy, then stick with me.
Add some Oreo cookies to this chocolate party! Yes, this is me going “crazy.” Sorry, if you were expecting more. Who can refuse an Oreo or a brownie, let alone both combined together?
When I say that these brownies are “fudgy” I do not mean that they are “fudge.” That’s a different recipe and frankly something more like what my husband would make. These are super duper moist and chewy, not cakey. I’ll let the photos explain what I’m talking about here because words aren’t going to get it across quite right. If you like what you see then it doesn’t matter what I call them.
I had fun with these Halloween Oreos. They taste the same as the regular Oreos, but the cream is colored orange and they have a bunch of fun pictures on them. Of course you could make these brownies 365 days a year and substitute with another Oreo variety. Even the flavored ones if you want to be brave.
You get a little crunch of cookie in every bite. Can you see the dark chocolate Oreo cookie bits? Yum. Some of the Oreo cream will melt into the brownie while it bakes so you never know how much “orange” you will get in your piece until you dive in! How fun is that?!
So who’s up for some brownies?
Oreo Brownies Recipe
(About 16 servings)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Set the wet ingredients aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Gently stir in the roughly chopped Oreo cookies.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly in the greased baking pan and bake it in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool before cutting.
Source: Tina’s Chic Corner
Fudgy Brownie Base Source: All Recipes
Here are some other bangin’ brownie recipes.