Happy Friday! Here’s the Stuff I’m Into lately.
Pumpkins. I love anything having to do with pumpkins. I love decorating with them, big ones or small ones. I love pumpkin scented candles. I love pumpkin food. I could start off with some Pumpkin French Toast for breakfast, then follow it with Pumpkin Bread for a snack and then end the day with some Pumpkin Snickerdoodles for dessert. It’s a pumpkin food fest. Of course we cannot forget about THE drink of the season, pumpkin spice latte. I’m totally in love with Starbuck’s pumpkin spice latte. When I want to be at home in my PJs or I don’t feel like spending the money at a coffee shop then I’m all over my homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Beer. I’m so into Sam Adams’ Octoberfest and if you add some pizza to the party then I’ll become your best friend. That’s the duo that I crave when my husband and I watch football on the weekends. In fact, I’m loving beer in general right now (as opposed to wine or hard alcohol). I even enjoyed trying some local beers while my husband and I were on vacation.
Another Day, Another Scarf. I’ve bought a few scarves over the past couple of months and I think that I might need an intervention. Is there such a thing as buying too many scarves? Most of my scarves are from Forever 21. Thankfully they have the awesome prices so I don’t feel too guilty about my pile of swag.
I just found this article that shows you how to wear a blanket scarf in 20 ways. I SO need this because the other day I felt like my scarf was choking me. I might have issues. 😉
Christmas. I’m already in the holiday spirit and that means the below is already going on in the Tina household:
- The Hallmark channel started their Countdown to Christmas on November 1st and I’m watching it every chance that I get, even if that means I’ve seen the movie ten times before. (I’m not even exagerating.) By the way, I totally avoid the movies that make me cry. Okay, I might shed a tear on a few of them, but if it’s full on cry mode, then I skip it.
- November 1st also marked the return of Starbuck’s red cup. What makes that red cup so magical? Good marketing? Cheery color that represents the spirit of Christmas? Whatever the reason, I look forward to it, I want it, and I’ll likely photograph it and share it with the world (because that’s the thing to do).
- I’m listening to holiday music while I’m in the kitchen whipping up some food. I’ll try not to get too anmimated with my arms when I sing some of the songs out loud. 😉
- I’ve started Christmas shopping. Don’t judge me. I’m a planner.
- I’ve started baking cookies to hand out for the holidays, starting with these Pumpkin Snickerdoodles and Oatmeal Cream Pies. (Though I’m pretty sure those won’t make it long enough to give any away if my husband gets a vote. Womp womp.) I freeze them in freezer friendly zip lock bags so that they’re ready to be boxed up when we start entertaining. I usually start baking early on in the season because I make so many cookies, but this early I started even earlier. Kudos to me!
What are you guys into?
Ciao for now!