I’ve needed new workout clothes for a while but I kept putting it off. While I love to shop, I don’t like to shop for workout clothes because I’m very picky. Once the new year hit I knew that I couldn’t delay it anymore. You know, new year, new you. So here’s what stuff I’ve been into lately when it comes to working out.
What’s in my workout bag. First of all, you need a great bag to carry all of your shiz. This Tory Burch tote bag has been my go-to bag for the past year and I love it!
I always carry these things in my bag:
- Towel and antibacterial hand sanitizer. I’m a bit of a germophobe.
- Water bottle. I just bought this water bottle from TJMaxx. It has a mesh container in the middle to hold fruit. I’m obsessed with fruit infused water now!
- Sneakers. I’ve been a huge fan of Nike sneakers for many years and I just bought these new kicks.
- Kickboxing gloves. I’ve been taking a local kickboxing class for about three years and it’s awesome. Not only is it a great workout but I’ve made some really great friends.
- Pouch. A little bag is great to hold all the miscellaneous do-dads. Right now I’m using this one from Tory Burch (which is sold out), but I like to switch it out depending on my mood or the season.
Here’s what I carry in the pouch:
- Travel size perfume. I’m not usually a fan of roller ball perfumes, but this is great to throw in my bag so that I can freshen up if I want to run errands after class.
- Hand lotion. (This is especially crucial to have during the winter.) I love this Philosophy Cranberry Medley hand cream or L’Occitane’s shea butter hand cream.
- Pain killers and band-aides. Because you never know when you’ll need them.
- Lip balm. I forgot to include it in the photo but I never go without some lip balm. I love Vaseline lip therapy cocoa butter and Eos lip balm.
Makeup. I’m a girlie girl when it comes to makeup but I don’t like to wear it when I work out. Sweat + makeup = gross. I like to use a tinted moisturizer so that I don’t feel like I’m totally naked. I love this Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It’s a bit pricey so if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative I also love the Aveeno tinted moisturizer.
Workout Clothes. A few weeks ago I mentioned to you that I was on the hunt for new workout clothes. After trying on a variety of brands, I found that I love Calia by Carrie Underwood. Remember back in September when I mentioned how I’d just discovered Carrie’s line? Who knew it would become my new go-to style? Not me. The material is the softest that I’ve felt for workout clothes. Plus it’s very stretchy, which is especially key when exercising.
First I bought these capris in a dark heather grey and the short sleeve t-shirt in black. I wore them once to kickboxing class and immediately ordered another pair of capris in black and another short sleeve t-shirt in light grey.
Workout to Errands. Often I find that I need to run errands after working out and I don’t feel like going back home to change. (I’m already out right?) I’ll throw on a puffy vest and a scarf over my workout clothes so it doesn’t look like I just came from working out. (I bought them at Old Navy but they’re sold out now.) On these super cold days I’ll skip the vest and throw on my wool coat instead, and at that point anything goes because everything is covered. In the Fall and Winter I like to switch my sneakers for my Uggs. I’ve had my tall Uggs in black for about three years now. I love them so much that I bought the short Uggs in the chestnut color a few weeks ago.
My pouch now conveniently becomes my purse when I’m running my errands. Just toss in some cash or a credit card and I’m good to go. Cool, right?
What do you carry in your workout bag? What workout clothes do you love? I’d love to know.
Ciao for now! xoxo