Without a doubt my favorite summertime veggie is corn on the cob.
I could probably eat corn on the cob everyday. I guess that’s not a bad thing since it’s a vegetable and it being healthy and all. My husband is piping up to mention that corn isn’t really a vegetable, even if it is in the vegetable section of the grocery store.
Fair warning, I miiight inundate you with corn recipes over the next few weeks. I’m sorry in advance. Although if you love corn as much as I do then you’ll thank me. 😉
I just found out that you can cook corn on the cob in the microwave in only 3 minutes. Three minutes, guys! I usually boil them on the stove but that takes way longer than the microwave. If I want a grilled corn affect I’ll cook it in the oven, but who feels like turning on the oven in the summer when it feels like it’s 120 degrees F in the kitchen already? Grilling it is fun, but we don’t own a proper grill.
I had one criteria in mind when I made this salad. Every ingredient had to remind me of summer. I think I totally nailed it. Although I have to admit that I don’t really feel like this a true recipe because I think that you could use 100 different other veggie combos and the salad would still be a success. There are a plethora of veggies available this time of the year so I encourage you to modify my recipe and use whatever you love during these hot months. If you like my combo then cool. Go for it.
Are you ready to get your salad game on?
Summer Salad Recipe
(About 2 servings)
Ingredients for the Lemon Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon (dried) dill
Ingredients for the Summer Salad:
- 1 corn on the cob
- greens (I used baby spinach and spring mix.)
- tomatoes, sliced (I used cherry tomatoes.)
- 1 avocado, skin and pit removed, sliced
- cucumber, chopped
- feta cheese, crumbled
- olives, chopped (Any kind will work.)
- lemon dressing (see above)
Directions for the Lemon Dressing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, pepper, salt, and dill.
Directions for the Salad:
- Place the corn on the cob (with the husk still on) on a microwave safe dish into the microwave and cook it for 3 minutes.
- Let the corn cool enough to touch, then remove the husk.
- Cut the corn off the cob and set it aside.
- For each serving, arrange the greens, sliced avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, olives, and corn on a plate.
- Pour about half the lemon dressing on top.
Source: Tina’s Chic Corner
Here are some other sexy salads.
What a beautiful salad! I love corn, too. I’ve never tried cooking it in the microwave, though. That’s a new one to me.
Thank you so much!!