Pizza for the win. Even fake pizza.
I created this fabulousness by combining a few of my recipes. I love my margherita naan pizza because using naan makes it so quick and easy to whip up a pizza dinner. Seriously, my husband and I made margherita naan pizza at least 7 times this year. I also love my husband’s chicken garlic pizza creation. It’s been a while since he’s made it because making the pizza dough takes a bit of time and more importantly some slightly annoying levels of planning, but it’s absolutely one of our favorite recipes.
Lately, my favorite week night dinner to make is grilled chicken with BBQ sauce, rice, and steamed broccoli. I’m obsessed with Stubb’s BBQ sauce. Not only is it delicious, but it pretty much guarantees that I won’t have any weird chicken aversions.
Can you see where I’m going with all of this? Combine the best of those favorite recipes and that’s what has inspired this pizza creation.
I made this naan pizza for lunch one day. Then I made it again for dinner on another day. My husband even said it looked good and he wanted one. When you start to make something repeatedly and the hubby likes it, you know you’ve got a winner.
As a heads up, the mini sized naan breads are very small. If anyone else is around I suggest that you make more than one pizza. Someone will try to steal some. 😉
BBQ Chicken Naan Pizza Recipe
(Makes 1 personal sized pizza)
- 3 ounces chicken, cut into pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite BBQ sauce, plus more for drizzling on top (I used Stubb’s Original.)
- 1 piece of mini naan (I used Stonefire ancient grain naan, but I actually prefer the original kind.)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small skillet on Medium heat, add the chicken pieces.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook the chicken until it’s done cooking.
- Turn off the heat and pour about 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce on the chicken. Stir to coat the chicken and then remove the pan from the stove.
- Lay the piece of naan on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese and minced garlic on top of the naan.
- Add the BBQ chicken on top of the cheese.
- Cook it in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Just prior to serving, drizzle a little more BBQ sauce and sprinkle fresh parsley on top of the pizza.
Source: Tina’s Chic Corner
This great! I have leftover chicken in the refrigerator and I was stumped as what to do with it. Guess what I’m making? Thanks Tina.