This is a meatless lunch and I’m loving it.
If you’re familiar with me or my blog then you know that I live for easy lunches that I can make ahead of time to bring to work. I’ve noticed that I eat healthier when I prep my lunches on Sunday before the busy week. I’d bet that many of you feel the same way as me.
So today I have a new favorite lunch. I saw this recipe on Instagram a few months ago and I couldn’t wait to try it. It had my name written all over it. I mean, it’s vegetarian, easy, and healthy.
Are spiralized foods still popular? I jumped on the band wagon late and to be honest I don’t use the spiralizer often because it’s kind of a pain to clean. Maybe that’s why it took me so long to try this recipe. Well, I’m glad that I did because it exceeded my expectations. It’s delicious and it will definitely be added to my rotation.
Cold Sesame Noodles Recipe
(Makes 4 servings)
Ingredients for Noodle Dish:
- 4 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 2 thick carrots, spiralized
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- sprinkling of sliced green onions
- sprinkling of chopped peanuts
- sprinkling of sesame seeds
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- squeeze of fresh lime
Directions for the Noodle Dish:
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the box, then drain it and set it aside.
- In a big bowl add the cooked spaghetti, spiralized raw zucchini and carrots, and chickpeas.
- Pour in the sauce and gently mix everything together. See directions below for making the sauce.
- Portion the servings and then sprinkle the sliced green onions, chopped peanuts, and sesame seeds on top for garnish.
Directions for Sauce:
- In a glass measuring cup add the peanut butter, soy cause, rice vinegar, sesame oil, maple syrup, grated garlic and ginger, pepper flakes, and fresh lime juice.
- Whisk everything together until it’s well combined.
Slightly adapted from: Sweet Peas and Safron
Very colorful and looks delicious! I can’t wait to make this!
Thank you so much!!