I’m throwing a taco party.
Seriously, doesn’t a taco party sound like so much fun?! You can set up a buffet with a whole bunch of taco ingredients and let everyone make their own tacos. We had a taco party for 2 at home this past weekend and the only thing missing was the loud music.
Usually we use a pre-made taco seasoning mix to flavor our taco meat (depending on the day, we use beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken). However, lately I haven’t liked it. Maybe my taste buds are changing or maybe the bottle is old. Whatever the reason, I was super excited to find a recipe where I could make my own taco seasoning mix. If you like your seasoning to be kind of subtle, then this is the recipe for you.
This recipe is really all about the beef and its seasoning for a couple of reasons. First, your taco toppings are personal and I’m not about to tell you how to eat your taco. 😉 I’m just sharing a great base for you to pile on all your fun goodies. I went super basic and put together some simple tacos for me and my husband. You can whip these tacos up in minutes for a fabulous week night dinner.
Also, you aren’t limited to using this beef recipe in tacos. I ate some of the leftover beef with rice, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream and it was delightful. This recipe is also a great make-ahead lunch idea.
Tacos are not just for Tuesdays. 😉 Are you making some tonight after seeing this?
Beef Tacos Recipe
(Makes about 4 servings)
- 1 pound ground beef (I used 93/7 lean beef, but more fat likely tastes better. You can also use ground turkey or ground chicken.)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- tortillas or taco shells (I used hard taco shells.)
- toppings of your choice (I used sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and chives.)
- In a skillet, over medium heat, start cooking the ground beef. Crumble the beef with a wooden spoon or spatula to break it up.
- Add in the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir everything together. Stir and continue to cook it until the beef is browned and completely cooked.
- Prepare your tacos! Place some of the cooked beef in a tortilla or taco shell and add your choice of toppings on top.
Adapted from: How Sweet Eats
Beautiful pictures Tina!