I’m not inclined to make creamed corn because it doesn’t tend to wow me, but this one did.
My husband said “I want corn for Thanksgiving,” so I turned to the fancy corners of the interwebs for some help. There are approximately 1001 creamed corn recipes out there, but this recipe caught my attention. Cheese on top of corn? I’m in.
Pictures don’t do this dish justice. It’s absolutely delicious. Do you remember the artichoke or spinach dip that was all the rage a few years ago (and sort of still is)? This creamed corn reminds me of that dip except with corn. This creamed corn is a thick cream cheesy mixture covered in lots of gooey cheese.
The funny thing is that when my husband asked for corn, he meant something simple like corn with butter. This creamed corn is way more exciting than that.
Creamed Corn Recipe
(Makes 4 to 6 servings)
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups corn (I used a 10.8 ounce bag of frozen corn.)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- (optional) sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an oven safe 8×10 inch baking dish (a 9×9 inch will also work) and set it aside.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, add the cream cheese, butter, minced garlic, and milk, and mix everything together until it’s smooth.
- Add in the corn and stir it until it’s well combined with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread the corn mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- (Optional) Sprinkle the chopped fresh parsley on top prior to serving.
Slightly adapted: Damn Delicious