Even though we’re entering into stew and soup season, I wanted to share a salad recipe. I figure there’s plenty of time for soups and stews. This is the kind of salad that you can make 365 days a year because the ingredients are available all year long. (If you can’t find basil then you can use other fresh herbs that are available.)
This is easy and fast to whip up and it’s a great make ahead meal.
Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year and I have lots of things on my to do list. My husband and I love hikes and picnics this time of the year because the weather is perfect. So we’ll pack a picnic lunch including this tortellini salad, little cheese bread, and chocolate chip cookies.
What’s on your list of favorite Fall activities?
Tortellini Salad Recipe
(Makes 2 servings)
- 2 cups of cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped or small sliced
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pinto beans
- Cook the tortellini according to the directions on the bag. Then drain and rinse them with cold water. Set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, minced shallot, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, fresh basil, pinto bans, and cooked tortellini and gently mix everything together.
- Let the salad sit for about 10 minutes for the flavors to soak in. Taste it and add more salt and pepper to taste.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.