What’s for dinner? I’m sure you’ve heard or said that question a million times.
I constantly feel like I’m eating the same dinners and that gets boring. I feel like there are only so many ways to make chicken but I found a new one. It probably doesn’t help that I’m picky with chicken so a lot of recipes don’t excite me. This chicken meal was amazing and that’s saying a lot coming from someone with very high standards. I love the warm spices on the chicken and peppers and it’s super easy to make, which is a awesome especially for a weeknight meal.
Let’s not forget the crispy feta cheese. Cheese makes everything better, especially when it’s feta and it’s pan fried. I could be happy with just this feta, olives, and bread. I guess at the end of the day I am still not the biggest fan of chicken in general. 😉
Chicken and Peppers with Crispy Feta Cheese Recipe
(Makes about 4 servings)
Ingredients for the Chicken and Peppers:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 pound chicken (I used chicken tenders.)
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 padron pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic
Ingredients for the Crispy Feta Cheese:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- an 8 ounce block of feta cheese
Directions for the Chicken and Peppers:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, paprika, cumin, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken, sliced bell peppers, sliced padron pepper, sliced shallots, and cloves of garlic in a single layer onto a baking sheet.
- Pour the seasoning mixture over the chicken and veggies and mix everything together.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 15 to 25 minutes or until the chicken pieces reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. (The time will vary depending on the size of your chicken. These chicken tenders took about 17 minutes.)
Directions for the Crispy Feta Cheese:
- In a skillet, over medium/high heat, heat the oil.
- Pour the cornstarch into a shallow dish.
- Pat the feta cheese dry to remove some of the water.
- Place the block of feta cheese into the cornstarch and coat all of the sides.
- Place the prepared block of feta cheese into the skillet and cook until it’s browned on both sides. (About 2-3 minutes per side.)
Source: Half Baked Harvest