Happy Sunday! I adore watching Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, on the Food Network because she has so many great recipes, like these Eggs in Hash Brown Nests. She is an amazing photographer and I love visiting her blog to see her gorgeous pictures. She inspires me to try new recipes and to try new things for my own blog, like how to style my food blog pictures.
Today I’m serving up a breakfast for two using just two traditional breakfast ingredients. You can’t get more simple than that.
Eggs in Hash Brown Nests Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup potato hash browns
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray the muffin pan generously with cooking spray. Scoop about 1/4 cup of potato hash browns into each muffin cup. Use your fingers to gently press the hash browns into the sides and bottom of the muffin cup.
- Spray the top of the hash browns very lightly with cooking spray and then sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake the hash browns for about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Allow the hash browns to cool (about 3 minutes).
- Crack 1 egg into each hash brown nest and then sprinkle the top of the egg with salt and pepper.
- Bake the eggs in the hash brown nests for about 10 minutes or until the egg whites are set.
- When done, remove the finished product from the muffin pan and serve immediately.
Baking Tip: Add a little water to each empty muffin cup to help the muffin pan from warping in the oven.
This is a great recipe to make for 1, 2 or 20 people! Today, it’s one egg in a hash brown nest for me and two for my husband.
Usually my husband is the king of breakfast making on the weekends so I’m switching it up a bit and giving him a well deserved break. 🙂
While this is a super simple recipe, they do take about 30 minutes to bake (not including the time to heat the oven and prepare the nests). I just wanted to give you a friendly heads up – don’t be like me and wait until you are hungry before you start to make this delicious breakfast! 😉
Delicious breakfast with my husband! I can’t think of a better way to start my day. 🙂
I hope you have a lovely Sunday!!
Source: The Pioneer Woman