I’m running around like a crazy lady on a Saturday trying to do too much in too little time. What can I bake last minute to bring for dessert to my mother-in-law’s? I need something easy and quick. A bar cookie, more specifically this double chocolate chip blondie! This chewy vanilla brownie loaded with semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chips will simply melt in your mouth.
Double Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
(About 12 servings)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 8 x 8 inch baking pan and set it aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set the dry ingredients aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Stir together the melted butter and brown sugar.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently mix in the semi sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan.
- Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
Store in an air tight container at room temperature or freeze in a freezer friendly bag.
Simple, simple, simple. All you need is a little time to mix, pour into the baking pan, and bake.
This blondie is rich with vanilla and brown sugar flavors. Those ingredients also give it a lovely thin brown sugar colored crust, which is slightly crunchy.
Of course I couldn’t leave this as just a plain blondie, I had to add not just one kind of chocolate, but two. Semisweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips for delicious variety.
Though the semi sweet chocolate adds a decadent chocolaty flavor, they mostly melted in the baking process so it seems that I have created a hybrid brownie-blondie. 😉
As if the semi-sweet chocolate was not enough, I had to add some extra deliciousness with white chips. The white chocolate chips hold their form in the baking process. They add a little bit of texture to these soft and chewy treats. Plus, aren’t the pops of white color pretty?
This is not a thick bar cookie, but every bite is packed with so much sweet goodness. Ever had a fudgy blondie? That’s kind of what I have going on here. 🙂
Phew! Thank goodness these double chocolate chip blondies were one of the easiest things to whip up. I got all my errands done before heading over to see my mother-in-law and her husband. They loved these blondies, by the way. 🙂
Adapted from: All Recipes
Looking for other quick bar cookies to whip up? How about some Fudgy Brownies.