I’m running around like a crazy lady on a Saturday trying to do too much in too little time. What can I bake last minute to bring for dessert to my mother-in-law’s? I need something easy and quick. A bar cookie, more specifically this double chocolate chip blondie! This chewy vanilla brownie loaded with semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chips will simply melt in your mouth.
Double Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
(About 12 servings)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 8 x 8 inch baking pan and set it aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set the dry ingredients aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Stir together the melted butter and brown sugar.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently mix in the semi sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan.
- Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
Store in an air tight container at room temperature or freeze in a freezer friendly bag.
Simple, simple, simple. All you need is a little time to mix, pour into the baking pan, and bake.
This blondie is rich with vanilla and brown sugar flavors. Those ingredients also give it a lovely thin brown sugar colored crust, which is slightly crunchy.
Of course I couldn’t leave this as just a plain blondie, I had to add not just one kind of chocolate, but two. Semisweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips for delicious variety.
Though the semi sweet chocolate adds a decadent chocolaty flavor, they mostly melted in the baking process so it seems that I have created a hybrid brownie-blondie. 😉
As if the semi-sweet chocolate was not enough, I had to add some extra deliciousness with white chips. The white chocolate chips hold their form in the baking process. They add a little bit of texture to these soft and chewy treats. Plus, aren’t the pops of white color pretty?
This is not a thick bar cookie, but every bite is packed with so much sweet goodness. Ever had a fudgy blondie? That’s kind of what I have going on here. 🙂
Phew! Thank goodness these double chocolate chip blondies were one of the easiest things to whip up. I got all my errands done before heading over to see my mother-in-law and her husband. They loved these blondies, by the way. 🙂
Adapted from: All Recipes
Looking for other quick bar cookies to whip up? How about some Fudgy Brownies.
Or some Peppermint Patty Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
Or Triple Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats.
These look fab Tina! I can’t say no to double chocolate.
Thank you, my friend. 🙂 Hope you’re having a great weekend!
mm.mmm…mmm!! Chocolaty delish!
Chocolate indeed! Thanks for stopping by. 🙂
Yum!!! Looks delicious! Can resist a good piece of blondie. Delicious!
Thanks Anne! Blondies are awesome and I especially love this one because it’s so chewy, which is my favorite kind. 🙂
Well I think I know what I’m making now for 4th of July dessert!!
Coolio! Let me know how it goes if you end up making them. 🙂