Peanut butter cookies are a classic. There are a bazillion kinds out there (yup, that’s a technical term), hard, soft, crunchy, rustic, you name it, and everyone has their favorite. My favorite is soft and chewy and if that’s right up your alley then you’ve come to the right place. 🙂
These peanut butter cookies are super soft, moist and chewy. Not to mention the fact that they are packed with peanut butter flavor. In fact, I would say that these are the perfect peanut butter cookie! 🙂
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
(Makes 28 cookies)
Note: Requires 3 hours time to chill the cookie dough.
- 1 can (14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup reduced fat peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/4 cups Bisquick mix
- 1/4 cup white sugar, to coat cookies
- In a large bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract together.
- Gradually stir in the Bisquick mix.
- Chill the dough for 3 hours (in order to firm up the dough so you can roll the batter into balls).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll the chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in the white sugar.
- (optional) Make a crisscross pattern by gently pressing a fork down from top to bottom and then again across for that classic peanut butter cookie pattern.
- Bake them for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Let them rest for 5 minutes and then remove them to a cooling rack.
Store them in an air tight container at room temperature or freeze them in a freezer friendly bag.
Bisquick mix? Yes, really. It’s not just for making awesome pancakes. Bisquick consists of flour, shortening, salt, and baking powder. Kind of cool, right? I can get all that bang from simply buying one ingredient! It does amazing things to these cookies. 🙂
I’m not sure if you can tell from the picture below, but this batter is very thick. You may need to give your hand mixer a break while making it and go after it with a spoon.
Don’t forget to the chill the dough for three hours so that it is firm enough to roll the dough into balls. Once the dough is chilled, shape into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in the white sugar.
The white sugar coating is so pretty and adds a tad of texture to every bite. I also like to make the traditional crisscross shape on top of the cookie with a fork.
No cookie crumbs here because they are mad soft! I adore how puffy they look. I’m just so in love with them!
I think I’ve been making this cookie recipe for about eight years now. I’ve made it for so many gatherings with friends and family that it’s hard to keep count. I’m especially notorious for handing out cookies as gifts during the holidays and these get great reviews year after year.
These cookies are a must have for all you peanut butter lovers! 🙂
Adapted from: All Homemade Cookies
Note: Not a paid advertisement for Betty Crocker’s Bisquick. I’m just sharing my opinion.
If you’re a peanut butter fan, you’d love these Peanut Butter Oatmeal M&M Cookies.
Or if you are in the mood for a delicious and refreshing shake, try my Skinny Peanut Butter & Chocolate Shake?