Who likes to make holiday themed goodies? I do.
I’m sad that the Christmas season has passed because that means that I don’t have an excuse to make dozens and dozens of cookies. Hmm… or do I? I have a cool idea. Valentine’s Day is a holiday, and it’s even still cold out so the hot oven won’t make the kitchen unnecessarily warm, and it’s even right around the corner!
I just bought this sweet heart printed blouse, these cute heart pajamas, and I painted my finger nails with red polish with gold sparkles. It’s not that far fetched that I’m now eager to make Valentine themed cookies. What can I say… Ever since meeting the love of my life, I’ve been a sucker for all this lovey dovey stuff.
I turned these cookies into the ideal valentine treat by loading them up with cherry-flavored Craisins and white chocolate chips. I’m a bit of a snob when it comes to white chocolate. I use Ghirardelli because I find that the cheap ones kind of taste like you are just chewing on wax. On the other hand, the cherry-flavored Craisins are almost the same as actual dried cherries and are cheaper.
Awh, yeah! See that 1/4 cup below? That’s not just for show, my friends. I’m using it to scoop out super sized cookies. My husband believes that there’s no better way to have them… large and in charge! His favorite size is the 1/4 cup scoop.
Just look at how that cookie towers over the mug of milk! No one can say no to Valentine’s cookies. Valentine’s Day may be a holiday for chocolate and greeting card makers (and lovers) but that doesn’t mean it can’t have cookies just like the other ones.
Some of us are going to be home bound this weekend with yet another snow storm. If you’re going to be in the same boat as me and you’re looking for something easy to do (assuming we all still have power), then I totally recommend whipping up a batch of these lovelies. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up making some more cookies because it is a great thing to do on a snowy weekend. 🙂
Cherry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
(Makes about 16 ginormous cookies)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (equivalent to 12.6 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (equivalent to 1 and 1/2 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups dried cherries (I used dried cranberries cherry juice infused by Craisins)
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli Chocolate Classic White Baking Chips)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set the dry ingredients aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the dried cherries and white chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup full of dough for each cookie, scoop out dough, form into a ball, then slightly flatten with the bottom of the measuring cup.
- Bake them four to a tray in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until slightly browned on the edges.
- Let them rest for about 3 minutes and transfer them to a cooling rack.
Source: Tina’s Chic Corner
Here are some other Valentine sweets.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Dipped Blondies
Jumbo cookies are the best! I recently made a similar cookie and this flavor combo may just be one of my favorites!
My husband said the same that this flavor combo is one of the best! 🙂
These look amazing! I love cherries in desserts and these cookies are amazing 🙂
Thank you so much!
Those look so delicious and chewy! Love the white chocolate such a pretty touch for this holiday. Sharing, of course!
Thank you, my friend! 🙂
I’m a big fan of cherry with chocolate so I am in love with these cookies! Seeing them with some milk is making me hungry! 😉
Hehe…thanks Pamela. 🙂
I can’t get over how much snow you all are getting!! I’ll take a little bit of it down here in NC 🙂 haha I miss it!
These cookies look so so good – white chocolate and cherry sounds like a fantastic combo!
I’ll admit the snow is nice at first, but now it’s gotten to be old news!
Ahhhh!! These are the cutest!! They look delicious! 🙂 YUM! what a fun combo of flavors! 🙂
Thanks so much!
Its morning tea time, wish I saw this earlier, just made a batch of choc chip cookies. Will make these beauties for next weeks work morning tea. Hope you are having a good week so far. 🙂
Thanks Anna! I hope you are also having a wonderful week. 🙂