I’m still celebrating Cinco de Mayo with this margarita! (My husband is still celebrating Quatro de Mayo by pretending that the fourth Star Wars movie is almost out.)
Let’s be real, I don’t need a reason to enjoy a margarita. It’s just an ordinary Wednesday so I’m living it up with this cocktail. If you really need an excuse, then this would be awesome for a Mother’s Day brunch this weekend.
I’ve been having a blast trying a variety of flavored margaritas. The Pineapple Margarita is my favorite so far and the Paloma (which is like a grapefruit margarita) is super delicious and refreshing. My husband I tried to make a raspberry margarita last weekend. Not only did I want to try the recipe, it was a good excuse to bust open the Cointreau that my husband bought recently. It was disgusting. Note to self, I do not like pureed raspberries with tequila. Then we tried substituting the fresh raspberries with Chambord instead and that was gross too. I guess there was just no saving this one. Oh well, they can’t all be winners.
This mango margarita IS a winner though! It’s a frozen beverage so it’s sort of like drinking an adult slush. It has a hint of that wonderful mango flavor. By the way, I have no idea how to explain the taste of mangoes. Warning, this goes down real easy. 😉
Wouldn’t it be fun to have a flavored margarita party? Organize some tequila, a few other flavored liquors, and assorted juices or fruit, and then let everyone pick their flavor of choice or make them up as they go. Which flavor would you order?
Frozen Mango Margarita Recipe
- 1 jigger (1 and 1/2 ounces) tequila (I used Jose Cuervo)
- 1/2 jigger (3/4 ounce) Cointreau (You could also use Triple Sec)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1/2 lime worth)
- 3/4 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- about 1 cup of ice
- additional white sugar, for the rim of the glass
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend everything until it forms a slushy consistency. Don’t go too crazy or you could heat it up with the blender.
- Place some sugar in a shallow dish.
- Place a little bit of water (or lime juice if you have any extra) in a shallow dish.
- Moisten the rim of a glass by dipping it in the water dish and then slide it around in the sugar dish.
- Pour the mixed drink into the glass.
Adapted from: The Pioneer Woman
Here are some other cool cocktails.