Boy, my husband’s Cinnamon Rolls and Sticky Buns are sure hard to follow.
The reality is that not every recipe will be as exciting as those. I mean, I gave them a 38 hat rating on a 5 hat scale! That’s the first time I’ve done that in the history of my blog. Those cinnamon goodies were quite the treat. My waistline tells me that it’s time to get back to my healthy eating routine and that’s where this summer pasta meal comes in.
Sometimes when I’m lazy and crave carbs I whip up some pasta and simply add some Parmesan cheese to it. Lame, I know, but I love it. I took that and turned into something more flavorful and healthy.
I reduced the amount of pasta in a serving and added some sauteed zucchini. I’ve seen some people replace the carbs altogether. More power to them, but I’m a girl who loves her carbs and I figure this is a great compromise.
I love sauce just as much as the next person but I don’t tend to crave it in the summertime. Plus, I’m going for low key here so the less steps the better. I whipped this up in about 20 minutes. Lovin’ that. To replace the sauce I pumped up the flavor by adding some garlic and fresh basil. Pow! Yup, that’ll do.
And don’t forget that Parmesan cheese. That salty goodness is oh so yummy. I actually put more on my pasta than what you see here. I wanted you to see all the goodness going on here and not just a mountain of “snow.”
Pasta, Zucchini and Garlic Recipe
(About 4 servings)
- 8 ounces of pasta (I used angel hair pasta.)
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided per the directions
- 2 zucchinis
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain it and set it aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, on Medium heat, warm up 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Slice the zucchini into strips and add them to the skillet. Cook them until they are slightly tender.
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the cooked pasta, shredded Parmesan cheese, chopped basil,and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and gently stir everything together.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Source: Tina’s Chic Corner
Here are some other summery pasta eats.
Pappardelle With Tomatoes And Herbed Goat Cheese
Delicious and light. Yum!
You hit it right on!