I have to admit I’m already in the mood for the holidays. It might have something to do with the fact that I’ve been binge watching Hallmark channel’s countdown to Christmas movie marathon that started last weekend. I’m already planning my list of what cookies I want to make this season.
I don’t want to jump into cookie season just yet because pumpkin goodies deserve to be the highlight for a little while first. After all, we haven’t even made it to Thanksgiving yet. If you’re looking for some ideas for what to make then I’ve got you’ve covered. I’m sharing 9 easy pumpkin recipes today. (And if you’re not into pumpkin recipes then I hope you simply enjoy the pretty pics.)
1.Pumpkin Pie. If I can only make one pumpkin recipe, this pumpkin pie is it. It’s a family recipe that I make at least once every year and for good reason. It’s the best pumpkin pie I’ve ever had. Ever. Pumpkin pie is mostly about the blend of spices, and this one absolutely nails it.
2. Pumpkin French Toast. I adore this pumpkin French toast like crazy. Seriously, it’s a must make Fall breakfast. This time of year my husband makes Italian Bread and uses the left overs to make this.
3. Pumpkin Cheesecake. My husband has already requested that I make this pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving this year. Done.
4. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you’ve never tried it, I promise you that pumpkin and chocolate is a winning combination. These are one of my favorite cookies of all time because they are so chewy and tasty (and of course because they contain chocolate).
5. Pumpkin Bread. I think this pumpkin bread makes a great hostess gift. I also made a chocolate chip version. If you’re having trouble picturing what this is like, imagine banana bread and then stop doing that, because this one is pumpkin.
6. Pumpkin Spice Latte. If you’re looking for a good copy cat recipe of Starbucks’ pumpkin spice latte, then this homemade recipe will be your new best friend. My sister-in-law tried it last month and she really liked it.
7. Iced Pumpkin Coffee Cake. Cake + crumb topping + icing + pumpkin = the perfect Fall treat. It’s like crumb cake only prettier because it’s orange.
8. Whole Wheat Mini Pumpkin Muffins. These mini pumpkin muffins are a healthier treat. Be careful though, you may not be able to stop at just one mini muffin because they are that good. Also, if you eat 7 of them, I’m pretty sure the healthy benefits of whole wheat are long gone.
9. Pumpkin Snickerdoodles with White Chocolate Chip Cookies. Each bite of these pumpkin snickerdoodles is like biting into pumpkin heaven. Then you add the cinnamony goodness and the sugar coating! Gah, it’s part pumpkin, part snickerdoodle, and 100% addictive.
So many recipes, so little time. If you could only make one pumpkin recipe which one would it be?