I hope you guys aren’t getting sick of smoothie recipes because I’ve got another fab one for you.
How crazy cute are these glasses!?! I just bought them from the Home Goods store on Friday for $3.50 each. Of course I needed an excuse to use them right away and thought this fun smoothie was the perfect way. Get it? Tropical fruit in a smoothie, palm trees on an adorable cup?
It’s been over a month since I shared a smoothie recipe with you. That’s enough time in between, right? If you’re a smoothie junkie like me then I know you’ll appreciate another. If you’re sick of them then I hope you enjoy the fun pics and maybe I’ve inspired you to buy new glassware. 😉
I like to keep an assortment of fruit stashed in the freezer so that I can whip up whatever suits my mood. Today it’s all about strawberries and mangoes, an awesome fruity combo.
Strawberries and mangoes sitting in a tree… k-i-s-s-i-n-g. Sorry, that was the first thing I thought of when I was thinking of how to describe this combo. It’s awesome. Period. End of story.
I’m totally loving the bright colors going on here. It’s super cheery and who couldn’t use that in the morning?
I separated the two flavors for photo only. Cool, right? However, I prefer to enjoy it when the two flavors are combined. I added some chia seeds and yummy granola to this smoothie party. Do you add any fun toppings to your smoothie? Inquiring minds want to know. 🙂
Strawberry Mango Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup mango, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- (optional) 2 to 4 tablespoons of skim milk (The amount depends on how strong your blender is.)
- (optional) sprinkling of chia seeds
- (optional) sprinkling of Cascadian Farm’s Oats & Honey Granola
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients and blend them until they are smooth.
- Two Layer Version: First, blend 1/4 cup of the vanilla Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup ice and the chopped strawberries and pour it into a glass. Rinse out the blender. Next, blend the remaining 1/4 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup ice, and chopped mango. Finally, pour the mango layer gently into the glass.
- All At Once Version: Blend all of the vanilla Greek yogurt, all of the ice, the chopped strawberries, and the chopped mango. (Let’s be honest, less cleaning is good.)
- (Optional) If the mixture doesn’t blend well, add the milk to help it out a little. (Note, I did not use extra liquid in my smoothie.)
- (Optional) Sprinkle some chia seeds on the top.
- (Optional) Sprinkle some granola on the top… but get a spoon ready!
Source: Tina’s Chic Corner
Interested in some other fab smoothies?