This is my ideal summer salad.
I live in New England and if I want delicious tomatoes I usually have to wait until it’s tomato season, which is now. Sure you can buy tomatoes in November but they may not look or taste as good as the ones on this plate.
My husband loves to make tomato sandwiches or tomato and cucumber salad and I love to make tomato salads like this one.
I love all the vibrant colors from the variety of tomatoes. Red, purple, yellow. None of those flavorless spongy pink ones here. This salad is all about the tomatoes so I kept it simple and didn’t add much to it. You don’t need much when the tomatoes are delicious. I added some of my favorite fresh herbs, olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little fresh mozzarella cheese. The cheese isn’t necessary, but cheese is delicious so it kind of is. 😉
Tomato Salad Recipe
(Make as many servings as you like)
- tomatoes, chopped or sliced
- fresh dill
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- (optional) fresh mozzarella cheese
Note: I purposely did not include measurements. Add however much you like of each ingredient, skip an ingredient, or add extra ingredients. Any fresh herbs you like will work with this salad. Make it to however YOU want. Also, you can make this for yourself or for your whole family.
- In a big bowl, add the chopped/sliced tomatoes, dill, and basil.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper, to taste, and gently mix everything together.
- (Optional) Include some cheese to the party because it’s cheese and cheese is delicious.
Source: Tina’s Chic Corner