Where are all my peanut butter and chocolate lovers at?
The other day I was flipping through my binder of recipes to look for some inspiration. I was never a fan of recipe cards so I used a binder instead. Do you remember the days before the internet was full of recipe pages and food blogs? Anyway, I came across this cookie recipe and I realized that it had been too long since I had last made them. So here I am making them for you.
I definitely recommend buying more mini peanut butter cups than the recipe calls for. You never know who might munch on one or seven while they’re busy unwrapping them. 😉
These peanut butter cup cookies are one of my favorite of all time. I’ve made them a bunch of times over the past eight or so years and they are so dang delicious. Plus they are seriously easy to make. You don’t have take the time to chill the cookie dough and you don’t have to worry about using the perfect amount of flour for fear that your cookies will spread. Using a mini muffin tin means that they will come out amazing every single time.
Although in fairness, it is hard to go wrong with the cookie that is mostly made up of a miniature peanut butter cup. Am I right or am I right?
It was actually good timing to make these beauties because they will be a nice addition to the dessert table for Easter this Sunday. Yes, I did say Easter and yes it is also almost Cinco de Mayo. (My head is still trying to grasp that the two holidays are so close together this year.) I am Greek Orthodox and I am celebrating the Eastern Orthodox Easter this Sunday with my family.
What are you all up to this weekend? I’ll be busy stuffing my face with Easter things instead of Mexican things. My mom has been cooking up a storm all week so I can already imagine packing on the pounds.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies Recipe
(About 48 cookie cups)
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (equivalent to 7.4 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter (equivalent to 1 stick)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped (You’ll need to buy two 12 ounce packages.)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan and set it aside.
- Don’t forget to unwrap the mini peanut butter cups!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter until it’s fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Drop about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough into each mini muffin pan cup. I used the OXO good grips small cookie scoop. (To avoid confusion, do NOT put the peanut butter cups in before baking!)
- Bake the cookie cups for about 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball.
- Let it cool and then remove them from the pan.
Source: All Recipes
Here are some other peanut butter and chocolate treats.